...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Eyes Have It

Adjusting to life post Barcelona has been tough, folks.  Not only are there no croissants de xocholat to be found in my town, nor cafe con leche... I've had to accept that I am not of the idle rich meant to spend my life cavorting about Europe.

Readjusting to work was hard.  I got a bucket of cold water in the form of really rude emails that shocked me into realizing a few things I did not want to admit about my work environment.

Today one of my work friends and I were chatting and I mentioned that I'm feeling a bit pulled in different directions. She looked at me and said, Yeah, I can see that.  I see it around your eyes.  You're stressed.

When I count it all up... Of my normally 6-person small team, I have been down two people for almost one year.  This means I have been covering the work of myself and two other people for almost a year.

No wonder I'm cracking up a bit.  I'm just really freaking tired.

Well, the only person that can fix that is me.  So I'm giving it quite a bit of thought and prayer, and fingers crossed, a solution will appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment