...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Big Jobs

Given my odd work hours, I see Reina almost every day.  Today, I ran into Steve sweeping the walk outside my office.  We chatted a bit as he went over everything they are doing to spiff up our historic building, including removing the massive spider webs that had been created over the course of the last year all the way up the north wall.

I said, "Thanks for all your work making this place look so awesome! I mean, Reina takes good care of us, but this is a big job!"

He absolutely beamed.

It doesn't take much to say thank you to the folks who clean up our messes. I realized early on that since they work on off hours, they rarely run into people -and when they do, it is for a complaint.  Just a simple thank you means a lot because they never, ever hear it.

Last fall we gave Reina a picture of all of us and we all signed it and said thank you.  She has it hanging up in her workspace and I'm pretty sure she thanked each of us individually for that small gift.

Don't we all love hearing a word or two of gratitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment