...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

AWESOME

I had written a blog that was pensive and thoughtful, but I'm in a really great mood, so I'm putting that one in the fridge and just saying:

WOW IT IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

There is no readily apparent reason for this. I woke up in a good mood, and it has pretty much stuck.  Nothing hurts unduly, I'm able to walk normally and I totally CRUSHED my workout this morning.


(My trainer took this photo.  This represents a LOT of squats!)
 
You wanna know why I was so thrilled?  Every single time I work out, I have to pause for a minute and think... okay, how is my back today, is it weak or unsteady, are my feet numb, blahblahblah... Is the asthma acting up, or is the breathing good?  That all plays into what I can do.  If my back feels weak, it becomes an "arm" day or just treadmill and core.  If my feet are numb, everything progresses much slower.  A bad asthma day can shut it all down completely.
 
There is no predictability.
 
Everything worked fine today.  I could do everything I wanted to do.  I worked out hard enough I got wobbly and had to drink my green shake before I even got ready for work. That hardly ever happens any more!
 
WOW IT IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY!
 
and if you need more to smile at ... here is Roxy.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment