...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Monday, July 7, 2014

No Reason Needed

"One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving." - Paul Coelho

Paul Coelho is getting a lot of traction with his various books.  I admit he isn't my fav author, but he always has thought-provoking ideas.

It's a game lovers play, isn't it?

"I love you because..."
"I love you." "Why do you love me?"

(This does beat my current fav game: I Love you More...)

Even when I was a little kid, I never really understood how to articulate reasons for love.  I just loved.  When people told me they loved me, I never asked why.  Love seemed too big a mystery.  I mean, God loved me so completely, and I had never done anything to deserve it.  Love was love.  Love stayed awake in the night to chase off the monsters.  Love shared a candy bar.  Love stood up for you on the playground.

As a grown-up, I understand more about building connections and it is fun to tell the people you love the things you enjoy about them.

But I still agree with Mr. Coelho.  There is no reason needed for loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment