...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Easter Week

This week went by like lightning.  My job can be completely absorbing sometimes.  I've got one of those complicated jobs where I deal with several different constituencies, have greatly varied responsibilities, and also have to produce a certain amount of "product" measured in my field as "money in the door."  I'm a specialized sort of fund raiser that deals with anything more complicated than writing a check, like art or land or trusts.  Then, I accidentally proved good at a couple other things and got promoted to do stuff like strategic planning and listening to people complain about the imperfections inherent in the system. 

In fact, during a meeting yesterday morning, an unusual circumstance presented itself and MY boss interrupted the speaker, saying, "That's crazy shit... that goes to Anne... oddities and absurdities are her job!"

Which suits me fine and caters a bit to my ADHD.  Always something new happening.

But I lose track of time and sometimes have to sit back on my heels in my yard and think, Really, what did I DO this week? 

When you are in the midst of it, you don't realize how much you are doing.  And like many people I know, all you see is the stuff left on your to-do list, not the stuff you've checked off.

This week was amazing.

I had great workouts every single day and tried a bunch of fun new stuff to boot!  I met very interesting people who want to do something amazing for my university and my state and we are moving forward with plans.  I was going off course in something that is very meaningful to me on a personal level, and had to be brave and reset the direction, and it is all turning out really good.  I got caught up on something I was shamefully behind on.  I had a lot of meetings.  I had to revise my travel plans for next week due to an unexpected funeral next Wednesday.  My Godchild's birthday was this week, and I still cannot believe that this beautiful 19 yr old is the same human whose tiny toes and fingers we carefully counted and whose eyelashes we marvelled at.  I woke up this morning with my abs aching from laughing so hard last night as some friends and I wandered about downtown Flagstaff, stopping every five feet to chat with someone we know.

I just keep thinking how amazing it is that God put all of these people and activities in my path and I got to experience so much of life so very, very quickly -some really beautiful things and really breathtaking people.

What a happy Easter week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment