...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fresh Ink

Even though it is only Tuesday, this has been the longest week in the whole history of long weeks.  Most of this is work related.

Still, I had some bright spots.  I spent a lot of time walking around campus and taking deep breaths.  My asthma has gotten aggravated the past couple days, but it seems to calm down when I just go take a walk.

Then last night I went and got myself a new tattoo.  Unlike every other tattoo I have, I got this one purely because it was pretty.  There is no layered meaning.  This was the basis for it.


Sometimes, you don't have to be all deep about stuff.

Sometimes, really, all you have to do is look, taste, smell, feel.  Thinking can be overrated.

I have a dear friend, Melinda, who is walking the Camino when I am, and we will be meeting in Santiago and hanging out at the Masses and being church ladies together.  Melinda is an amazing woman.  She reminded me that the Camino is not about pace, but about being with God, no distractions.  She also reminded me not to walk at night because it isn't safe for travelers to do that in places they don't know.  Plus, you can miss the path markings.  She also said what part of church to meet her in when I arrive, because she will be there.

Did I mention she is in her late 60s and just finished chemo for breast cancer about a month ago?  She is not a die hard athlete.  She is simply a woman of faith taking a walk.

I guess we both are.

No comments:

Post a Comment