...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Spanish Inquisition -at Random

Oh, how I have missed my blog!  I entirely filled a paper journal, but it wasn't the same. It was slower.

SO, I will be blogging about Spain and the AWESOMENESS I experienced there... but first, I wanted to share one of my journal entries from my visit to Fisterra, formerly known as Finisterre, because at one time, it was the end of the known world. The westernmost point is the Playa da Morte, which is the historical end of the pilgrimage of the Camino de Santiago.

So, that day (I personally took a bus to Fisterra from Santiago, and only walked the part from the town to the point, which is maybe two miles? Maybe?) as I sat looking out at the ocean and chillin with God, I flipped open my Bible to random point, as I am wont to do, and here is the fruit of that.

John 14:1-4

Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God, trust also in me.  In my Father's house there are many rooms, if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  You know the way to the place where I am going.

TRUST TRUST TRUST TRUST

God, You know what is in my heart and what Your plan is for my life.  Help me to love Your plan, whatever it is and whatever it means for me.  I will TRUST that even if I die alone You will always be with me and never forsake me or leave me to face my perils alone.  I don't have to understand what is going on to love You and trust You and hope in You.  Blessed be Your Name.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read about your journey - so glad you are home safe and sound!!

    ReplyDelete