...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trust, Peace, Sugar

I really am blessed with my friends.

In DEALING with life and all the things it can throw at you, I have been surrounded by love and reassurance.

One friend has called me every day to pray with me.  One friend is always there for me, even though she is dealing with some major stuff right now, one being her husband recovering from a heart attack.  Yesterday I had a long, heart-cleansing talk with a friend who really GETS it, and who reminded me to trust... Trust God who up to this point has taken VERY good care of me... Trust that the people who love me will be there for me... Trust that my needs will continue to be met... Trust that I can face each day's issues with serenity and faith...

Yesterday my BFF and I planned our "BFF" tattoos.  I had my Camino tattoo done. Had a great therapeutic massage.

This morning, my trainer and I talked about God, and he also reminded me about Trust and prayer and letting God be WITH me in all of this, not just a distant resource to rail at.

So, every day I am getting back to the basics of living the day I am in, resting in God's peace, taking care of my body as it most needs and connecting with loving and supportive people.

As you know, my current Be Healthy challenge is reducing refined sugar.  I needed to take teenier baby steps than I had been... so right now I am working on eating sweets only twice a day and only after a meal.  Since it is Halloween, this has been hard and it is not yet 8AM!

Sometimes finding that sense of peace is about really concrete tasks... calling a friend, leaving work at an appropriate time, walking the dog, prepping a healthy meal and eating it in a quiet and pretty place.  We all have the right to spend time and attention on the things that are important to us, with no regard whatsoever to productivity.

Food for thought my trainer gave today... Jesus healed multitudes of people, but then would leave the crowds, go away and pray -leaving some people still sick, some work "undone"- to be alone, with his close friends, or pray or eat dinner. 

Think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment