...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Monday, June 24, 2013

Crazy food!

So, I'm one week in to this crazy no-sugar thing I'm trying out.  So far, everything I have been told has shown true:  More energy, less reactivity, a sense of moral superiority.  I've also apparently kicked my body back into fat-burning mode because I am HOT ALL THE TIME!!!

As always when behaving sensibly is working out, I think of all the diets people try out in the name of losing weight.

Really, it REALLY does just boil down to: Eat Right and Exercise.

I have had more people tell me more crazy things in the name of weight loss: Ladies saying they always bulk up when they lift weights... people saying to not eat fat, or carbs, or... fill in the demonized food of the day.  Heck, even this no-sugar thing is more about weaning off a drug than the idea that I Can Never Have Dessert Again.

I can promise you, I WILL eat dessert again -probably pretty soon as I am going on vacation next week.

Jo-The-Registered-Dietitian advised me from the very beginning -eat dessert when you want to, just never eat it by itself, and take into consideration the rest of your food plan that day.

SO that's the plan once I break from this sugar fast.

It usually does just boil down to the basics: eat protein every time I eat, limit refined carbs, eat lots of vegetables and fruit, exercise a wee bit of discipline but don't get all controlling.

Annnnd: Exercise.  You don't have to be a freak about that, either.  Your body won't thank you for pounding on it mercilessly, especially when you eventually give up because you can't keep up that sort of torture long term.  Listen to your body.

Your body is your friend.  Be kind. Be loving. Give it what it needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment