...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Girly Gym Stuff

My gym offers all kinds of things to make sure you are ready for work: lots of showers, body wash/shampoo, conditioner, lotion, towels, hair dryers, etc..  No need to bring ANY of that stuff.

One day as I was showering at home, enjoying all the special soaps and lotions and potions being a girl gives me a right to, I realized that I shower at the gym more than I shower at home.  So most of the time, I am using perfectly practical stuff that isn't lovely in any way.

I have pretty fluffy towels at home.  Shampoo that promises magic will happen to my hair and smells positively divine.  Body wash that takes me to Paris.  Moisturizer from Fizzy Bella that is all orangey and delicious.

At the gym, I get clean in an institutional way and then dry off with tiny scratchy towels!

This makes no sense!!

So, I am now adding to my gym bag delightful little bottles of all the fun girly stuff and packing my own towels.  I have the prettiest, fluffiest towels at the gym.  I noticed this morning that a couple other ladies are following my lead, having discussed my reasons for doing this.  Apparently, I am not the only woman who appreciates great towels and delicately scented soap!

Seriously, nothing is nicer after a gruelingly sweaty workout than to stand under a hot shower surrounded by a lavender garden.

I bet even the guys secretly like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment