...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Love Never Fails

My niece, Rachel, who is an objectively-speaking badass young woman, has a saying on her Instagram that I stole for my own use. I have no idea where she got it.

FEAR: Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything and Rise. Your choice.

So. True.

I got a call I was sort of expecting to tell me that yet again I was the Number Two candidate for a position I coveted.  I was so sad and disappointed!  Got teary and everything!

So, following Rachel's stellar advice, I decided right then and there to just feel my feelings, be sad and disappointed, but to Trust in God's infinite love for me.  I am right where He wants me.  I can face that challenge, or simply run away and abandon everything I've worked for.

It is always a choice, isn't it?

Even in the midst of my vast disappointment, I was surrounded by love, from the comfort of friends and family to the peace I felt in accepting this situation, in the peace at deciding to stop job hunting and bloom where I'm planted. One of my SILs gave me six months of yoga lessons! I gotta use that up!

I am here for a reason. No clue what that is, but God has had Ample opportunity to move me out this past year, and here I remain.

A few people at my job know, the ones I am using for references.  The comfort it gave me when they said, I am sad for you, but happy for me. I don't want you to go! was immense.

This will be a great year.  No matter what happens, I am not alone, I am surrounded by love and have people in my life who believe in my purpose, even though no one of us know exactly what that is.

And I can continue to work on becoming the kind of person I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment