...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Monday, January 5, 2015

One Thing Remains

I did make a NY resolution: to wear makeup to work.  Day 1 was successful but did throw off my timing a bit.

Everything else has a plan.

On Epiphany Sunday, I had an epiphany.  I felt like 2014 was just marking time.  I accomplished less than I wanted, had relationships blow up, gained some weight, lost the weight, filled the holes in my life with sugar and swung my raw emotions around like a flamethrower.

But it wasn't just marking time.  I got a front row seat to what happens when I let my spiritual life grow cold on a back burner.  I got whelmed by life, then overwhelmed, again and again.  Relying on my own resources does that.

I made a few commitments and shared them with people who need to know so I can be held accountable, but the biggest, most important commitment I made was to spend time with God, every single day, and to hold up every decision, every emotion, every reaction, to His healing love.


My theme song for 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6gKqddEw-Y

Your love never fails, never gives up
Never runs out on me

Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant in the trial and the change
One thing remains

On and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never, ever, have to be afraid
One thing remains

Your love never fails, never gives up
Never runs out on me

In death, in life
I'm confident and covered by the power of Your great love
My debt is paid
There's nothing that can separate my heart from Your great love

No comments:

Post a Comment