...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Thursday, January 22, 2015

When the Jeans Zip

I got a pair of half-price jeans this weekend and I'm rockin 'em at work today.

My colleague said, "Isn't it hard to spend money on clothes as you are losing weight?"

Yes, yes it is... but it is even harder to believe that I can actually fit into some of my clothes.  They just don't look big enough.  I ordered jeans a couple months ago online in the size that "felt" right, despite the size guide on the site telling me that would be too big.  I didn't trust it.  So, now I have another pair of jeans I can't wear, because THAT is how much bigger they are than I "felt" they would be.

I have a robe I've had for YEARS. I only wear it when I'm sick, and then usually over a couple layers of clothes, so until a few days ago, I did not realize that this size 28 robe would WRAP TWICE around my currently size 18 body.  (I'm keeping it, though.  It's very cuddly.)

I gained and lost 40 lbs last year.  Gained from stress.  Lost when I remembered that no matter how big an asshat a person is being, they are not forcing those cookies into my mouth, so I can't blame them for my bad coping mechanisms.

Anyway, this pair of half-price jeans is the first pair of new jeans I've bought since I lost the 2014 Fat Stash... trusting the measurements, they fit and are long enough and I love them.

And I have to admit, I felt sincere satisfaction when they zipped up without wiggling or jumping around the dressing room.  Since I'm not weighing myself until July, this is all I've got to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment