...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love and Blessings and Stuff

I love love.

I also love cheesey B-list holidays, so I actually really like St. Valentine's Day, esp since I wised up a few years ago and just make appointments with my therapist that evening.  Tonight, my plans are a date with one of my 87-year-old donors who is trying to explain his love for track and field (we are going to watch the Lumberjacks at their last home meet.) and running by Satchmo's for a quick dinner before meeting my Roxanne.

I brought in pretty sugar cookies for my colleagues and am stalking FB and enjoying everyone's lovely posts.

Love has played such a huge part of how amazing my life and my friends and my family are, and love is always something worth celebrating.

There is a bit of a cheesey song by Avalon... some of the lyrics are: As long as I shall live, I will testify to Love, I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough..."

I am so, so grateful for the people in my life who show such great love to me, and all the couples who love each other so much their love spills out on everyone around them, and all the people I know whose lives are lived in a constant expression of their love for others.

I'm getting teary thinking about the times when someone's love for me changed my life and the times my love for someone changed my life as well.  Love can be messy and complicated and crazy and flawed, just like people... but it is still love.  and all love is blessing, is gift, is life.

Thank you for letting your love pour out.  I pray you have a beautiful St. Valentine's Day full of more love than you can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment