...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Friday, February 8, 2013

Pop Tarts Are Crack!

I

Love

Pop Tarts!


Love.

Anyway, I haven't had any for a few years.  No particular reason except that I have no discipline whatsoever when eating them, and since nothing in large quantities is good for you, I just simply don't buy them.  Yeah, I know they are full of genetically-altering chemicals and likely produced through the tears of small children using dangerous equipment.  Don't even care.

Like crack to me, pop-tarts are.  Don't try reasoning with an addict.

So, last night I left an awesome training session and went to Target to pick up a prescription.  I was hungry.  So, so hungry.

I spied the Pop Tart display.  Dear benevolent Lord, thank you!!  They have the blueberry frosted kind!

I picked up a twelve count.  Oh yeah.  Then, purely out of this new habit I've developed, I flipped the box around and read the nutritional information.

200 calories per Tart.  200!  TWO HUNDRED!!  The box itself therefore contained... 2,400 delicious chemically laden calories.

Well, F$%&

I looked at the box for a minute anyway.  I was hungry, it was so, so easy... surely I would just eat, you know, one.  Maybe two.  Really, I could keep it to two.

Who am I kidding, half the box would be gone before I even got home.  I left it there and scurried out before I could change my mind.

As I walked to the car, I got irritated at Kellogg's.  I mean, those things do not HAVE to be made like that!  I mean, really.

My obvious calling in life: creating a healthy pop-tart.  I can do this.

I shall report back on my results.

1 comment: