...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Monday, March 11, 2013

Computer Virus and My Soul

I got a new new new laptop for work.  It is only slightly larger than an iPad and has all kinds of bells and whistles and POWER -it's like, got the computer version of a hemi.  The IT guys were all excited about it.

Within one hour of operation, I clicked on a perfectly legitimate web site, and some sort of Trojan virus slammed into my computer and took it over.  I cried out for the IT guys and they rushed in.

The only solution was to wipe it and start over, it seemed.  Then it seemed it was contained, so rather than wipe it, they said, if you see this again, let us know.  They left all the stuff on my old computer, just in case.

I worked on the computer the rest of the day and Friday without incident.  The problem was seemingly gone.

This morning when I booted up my computer, the virus box flashed again, and again I cried for help, and this time, the prognosis was:  Must Be Wiped Clean, and everything reloaded.

So, in my search for something to blog about today, aside from my back problems or obsession with sugar, I started thinking about the insidious nature of these computer viruses and the insidious nature of sin.  I'm working on my old virus-free computer while my new computer is in the hospital.

So, seriously, doesn't it seem that just when you think you have conquered that one area of your life where you consistently "miss the mark" that it crops up again, like an evil Jack-in-the-Box?

It is a different thing for everybody -food, drugs, sex, being pessimistic or negative, being critical or just downright mean.  Everyone has something that trips them up.  Everyone has their own insidious computer virus hiding in the shadows of their souls.

Well, except Mary and Jesus.  I'm talking about normal people.  Even Mother Theresa had demons to fight.

I think sometimes it would be so easy to give up -and loads of people do, you know.  We all know people who eat everything without counting what it is doing to their bodies, do drugs abusively, have sex with anything at any time, who are committed to being negative or critical or mean.

The fight itself means something, though, even if you never win.  A friend, Ben, wrote this to me almost three years ago now, when I was sunk in a mire I thought I would never pull out of:

You already know my thoughts about going out and getting it. You CAN change you. God says so.

Be determined with a vengeance, Amy. Don't be discouraged when distractions and set backs get in your way. Being pro-life means being pro-YOU. We are NOT meant for wasting our life. We are NOT meant for bitching, for depression, for giving up. God loves you so much that He cares that you do this. Ask Him for help and He will KEEP giving.

You have God, you have HEART, you have focus, you have passion for this. Don't get distracted with all the BS that gets you off tracks and robs your happiness, peace, joy, and life. God is for you. Your friends are you. It is GOOD that you are now FOR YOU 200%.

Again, this is a war that is fought and won every day. Don't be discouraged with the little losses. Be ENCOURAGED with the increasing victories. God is going to give you the life and love to do this. GO OUT AND GET YOUR LIFE BACK!!!


Amen to that!





No comments:

Post a Comment