...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Feeling Springy!

It's cloudy and windy here today in the mountain town but somehow spring caught up with me and is doing a happy dance in my heart.

You ever have moments when it seems like everything comes peacefully together and you finally understand, in a simple quiet way, what your next step is supposed to be?  Not with any floodlight or background music, but just a calm certainty that it is just time for some things to happen?

I'm there right now.

And then, just for the sake of happiness, all of my sometimes uncooperative body parts (my lungs, my back) were working together the past couple days to be able to really slam some workouts.  It feels so GOOD to just wear myself out doing stuff like lifting heavy things and challenging my balance.

I actually enjoy getting hot and sweaty from sheer effort.  Where I get discouraged is when asthma kicks in and I'm just doing what I can, or my back gets all jacked up and simply touching my toes is a mere pipe dream.  Endorphins never kick in when I'm just maintaining.

I kind of want to hug the world right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment