...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Exhaling Slowly

My 9-months-long plateau has finally broken with my first solid weight loss recorded this month.  I don't care as much as I should, probably.  I'm really more excited about two things: First, that my back is up to the challenge of the weight I'm picking up and putting down during training; Second, that my blood work came back and I'm perfect.

If only more people realized that!

Had my visit with the asthma doc and he is pleased that everything seems fine.  My asthma is controlled.  It is at its level best.  The fact I am frustrated with being subject to the whims of air quality is not his concern.  There is apparently no medication in existence that will counter the effects of altitude + pollution.  Welcome to life.

My friend Grace took this picture of Heide and me when we were walking back form Devil's Bridge Trail on Sunday.  I think it is just lovely.

It was a good air day... not because the air quality was all that hot, but because I was with friends, doing something beautiful, and had lots of room to just breathe.




No comments:

Post a Comment