...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Friday, December 7, 2012

Books and Writing

I want to finish a book.  Not finish READING a book, I have no problems with that.  I have problems with bits of half-fleshed out ideas inked onto paper that I abandon, never to return.

I love to write.  My energy for it wanes, though, at the end of a long day already spent in front of a computer.  Even with story ideas it becomes difficult to keep staring a couple more hours into a monitor.

Still, I keep thinking this is my one true gift, and I am not using it to its potential.

I have two whole weeks off work at Christmas, and I keep coming back to the idea that some of this time could wisely be spent working on this story in my head that keeps cropping up and making noise and being all distracting.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive and inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

Writing a book for God. Huh. Wonder how this will turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment