...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Chicka Doodle Soop

I've been battling the plague this week. As a result, I've been living off chicken soup and herbal tea and some sort of tree bark syrup a friend SWEARS will help and is better for me since it is Natural. And it tastes really good, so I'm using it and just not telling her I am supplementing with NyQuil.

Anyway, in a fit of optimism,I tried to go to work a few times and got unceremoniously sent home by my staff. As I left, I could hear them spraying my office with Lysol and some sort of Clorox mixture. No respect.

Today, I worked out a wee bit (really, ,just enough to remind me I'm sick) and ran a few errands, spending prolly half my pay in the raptures of enthusiasm for Christmas.

I got home and realized, I'm kinda hungry. Yay! Haven't even looked at food in a week. Two cans of chicken soup and herbal tea is about 300 calories a day. (I freakin better have lost weight this week!!!) Fortunately, I was prepared for this day and have sandwich stuff on hand. I ate about half of my sandwich and now I'm blogging about it before I fall asleep.

I really wanted to be my normal energetic self this week. I missed a lot of fun stuff due to this... Two holiday parties, my friend Steve's wedding. Still, loving self care means addressing your body's needs, not ploughing through ignoring them.

And really, I do really like chicken noodle soup. Not the grown up kind or gourmet anything... Campbell's Condensed Soup that is intended for little kids. Don't fancy it up with stars or princess shapes, either. I'm a purist.

That and my electric kettle were my best friends this week. Thank you, God, for mass production.

No comments:

Post a Comment