...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Monday, December 31, 2012

Hereby Resolved

I don't make New Year's resolutions. The only one I have ever been able to keep is one that involved drinking more heavily.

I decided this year to think a bit about what I would really like 2013 to look like, and what I would like to let go of.

There are a few places I would like to go... Paris, Madrid, hike the GC rim2rim, hike the Camino de Santiago ... And back to San Francisco, I love SF!

I want to see more of my friends and family -not pictures of them on Facebook, but actually see them live and in person.

And I can't hide this... I would like to meet The One. That is not entirely under my control, but I thought I ought to say it out loud just in case anyone was wondering.

I would like to accomplish one thing physically I could not do in 2012. Not sure what that is yet. I'm signed up to run a 5k in February and a 10k in March, which are both new things to me, but those aren't quite the right answer. Of course, with my back misbehaving lately, I would be thrilled to be able to tie my shoes without crying right now.

No matter what actually happens in 2013, I pray to remember the true things: that I have so much love in my life that I am blessed, again and over again... To remember no matter how dark it gets, the Spirit is my light, that I am a child of the Trinity, who loves me beyond all reason, and that St. Michael always has my back.

Blessings on your 2013. Seize the Truth.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Amy! Spending more time with those you love is a noble and do-able resolution! I pray you will be open to "the one" God has for you and follow His leading to get to him. I will be praying for that specifically for you this year! God bless you, my Friend, and THANK YOU for sharing yourself with all of us! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a blessing to me, Missy! ((hug)) I am so honored to know you!

    ReplyDelete