...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Playing with Matches

Okay, fine, I can admit this... I signed up on an online dating site this week. What is scary is that I have done this occasionally before (admittedly, it has been a number of years since I've done so) and have rarely gotten second glances.

So, I'm a wee bit overwhelmed that I'm getting any response, much less the level I've had. A couple look actually promising, which is even stranger.

However, I have to just laugh about human nature for a bit. I'm describing myself as "about average" which, when I look around, that's about right. Anyway, I've got lots of pictures so someone can determine for himself if I'm average or not in the looks department.

What cracks me up are guys who described themselves as "athletic and toned" when, um, I think I could beat them in Festivus feats of strength, and not just because I'm freakishly strong for a woman. Or someone who describes himself as having a great sense of humor, and every pic looks like he is attending a funeral. Or someone who claims a college degree and every other word is misspelled, and not in a "typo" way.

I'm sure I'm not a paragon of perfection when it comes to writing a profile. Still, I like to think if one is going to bother with it at all, try to make it a quality experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment