...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Monday, November 5, 2012

Remindering

In my head, I figured by the time Thanksgiving rolled around, I would be about 2 sizes smaller than I actually am.  I am the exact same size I was back in February.  Pretty much all of my weight loss happened 2011, and 2012 was spent maintaining ... really, it is a plateau.

I was a bit down about it until I reviewed the year as a whole, From Oct 1, 2011 to Oct 1, 2012 my life was turned upside-down at least three times.  I became clinically depressed in late summer and needed treatment for that.  This was one of those years where it felt like the house of cards just couldn't stay in place.

Despite everything, I did not gain weight, I kept exercising, I tried to keep my eyes on God and not on the muck I was wading through.

How did I do that?  Imperfectly.  Humanly.  Surreally.  By the Grace of God.

For everyone who is struggling to balance major life events and their own well-being and their love for God and His call for their lives, I just wanted to let you know that no one ever accomplishes something worth having without speed bumps and cracks in the veneer or with constant good cheer.

God loves us through it all, and the lessons we learn make us able to love like that, too.

1 comment: