...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Thursday, November 1, 2012

SO MANY IDEAS

I haven't published a blog post in a few days and I am BRIMMING with ideas:

How US Airways SOMEHOW managed to destroy my suitcase on a simple Portland-to-Flagstaff trip.  My suitcase has been all around the world, like, twice (without me, of course!) and survived.

How today is All Saints Day, not just my personal holiday of Half Price Halloween Candy.

The various travel stories I collected this week, like discovering the Bettie Page Clothing store in Salt Lake City!

The fact I had a short story published and am excited all out of proportion to the event!

The Doll 

OR that tonight is the last night of my running "class" and I am relieved and grateful and also will miss it.

All the various life changes the past couple months.

But, my heart is in Haiti right now.  That is country that just can't seem to catch a freakin break!  Natural disaster after natural disaster relentlessly pummels an already starving country (THE poorest country in the Western Hemisphere!)

So, I am now moved to action.

My first and most simple thing, is that I put a hot link to donate to World Vision Haiti disaster relief on this blog.  If you are so moved, please donate.

I am holding a garage sale on Nov 10th, proceeds to go to Haiti disaster relief.  I've already had some local people pledge items and assistance, which is a relief, because I haven't had a garage sale in like, 10 years and I kinda suck at this.

My third thing is the mostmost difficult but I think will be most internally-transforming at the same time.  I love dessert.  I really could eat dessert all the livelong day and wash it down with wine.  Almost every time I go out to eat, I save room for dessert.  So, my personal pledge for the next year is that every time I go out to eat and would normally buy dessert, I will eschew dessert and donate $5 to Haiti-related causes.  People in Haiti are eating mud.  I can give up cheesecake for one year.

You may hold me to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment