...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Back on Track

Puffy ankles and all, Roxy and I set out for Buffalo Park this morning.  Now, realize I have not actually exercised in almost 2 weeks... I was too busy being a tourist and trying to eat up all the seafood in Louisiana.  (Hence the puffy ankles, lots of sodium in fried fish and hush puppies!)

SO, I set a modest goal for myself... run one minute, walk two minutes, do the big loop once, plus an extra turn on the small loop.  All total, that is about 3 miles.

(Okay, this was a lot longer, but I accidentally deleted 3/4 of this post and couldn't rescue it, so here is the upshot)

I ended up going for the 2min run / 2min walk and finished out that way, carrying Roxy back to the car the last 1/4 mile because she started throwing up.  Poor baby, we've never run that far!

There was a song going through my head about how God is with us through every high and every low... and I felt like Jesus was jogging along right there with me, not really saying anything, we were just enjoying each other's company.  You know how when you are with an old friend, and after everything is caught up, you just have that lovely companionable silence?  It was kind of like that.  Even Roxy could tell we weren't running alone.  She usually is darting after the other runners or wandering birds, but today she just trotted alongside, enjoying the sunshine.

So, it turned out to be a nice relaxing workout with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment