...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Friday, October 12, 2012

Setting Fire to the Rain

Last night I did actually go to the running club at Buffalo Park.  It was chilly and rainy but Mary Kate was there and she will never abandon me.

It was SO MUCH FUN!  The rain cleared away all the junk in the air, and we kept a perfectly manageable pace, and Forest and some other volunteer coach who was very sweet but whose name I never caught stuck with us three serious newbies... MK, me and a woman named Charlotte...?

And since only about 1/3 of the folks who usually run showed up, we got to feel extra superior, which is always nice.

Anyway, since Adele songs are the best to run to because they keep a steady rhythm throughout, I had Set Fire to the Rain going through my head, while MK had AC/DC's Thunder going through hers.

It was one of the best runs I've ever had.  It wasn't easy, and one time when Forest called the 30 second mark, I thought he called time to stop, and I stopped, and then had to start again.  That wasn't the most fun ever, but I DID it.

Psalm 60 says with God's help we can do mighty things, and I actually did feel quite mighty last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment