...it is not by the sword or the spear that the Lord saves...1Sam 17:47

I will dance and resist and dance and persist and dance. This heartbeat is louder than death. “ — Suheir Hammad

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Heading Out

I'm hitting the runway to travel for work to Salt Lake City and then Portland.  I am in town about 18 hours on Saturday, and really, I arranged my travel that way purely because I wanted to be in town at least long enough to go to a bellydance workshop on Saturday afternoon.

Traveling and being healthy do not go hand-in-hand.  I have to be intentional about eating healthy and getting some exercise.  It is soooo easy to roll out of bed, grab fast food and head into a day full of meetings.  In fact, eating fast food in the car is a very easy way to deal with the inconvenience of hunger as well as gain that extra weight that you've been wanting to!

I'm out of town long enough that that much time living unhealthily will actually have an effect on me when I return.  In fact, this being my busy travel season, I'm out of town more than in town until Christmas.  Imagine what three months of ignoring healthy living can do!

However, this is just part of how I live my life, and by thinking ahead and being intentional, I can STILL be healthy and energetic and active, no matter where I'm sleeping at night.

Years ago, a friend named Ben told me that being pro-life means being pro-my-own-life, too, and when I ask God for help with this, He will send it.  Time after time, Ben was proven right.

I'm dashing this off between meetings and my flight out, so no amazing bible verse today.

I did however, see a really funny quote:  I have no skeletons in my closet, but I do have a tiny box of souls in my underwear drawer.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment